Sunday, March 14, 2010

Privacy, courtesy and the Internet!

Okay, okay. I realise it has, infact, been months and months with not even a sign of a blog update. Although, rejoice! (or clench your teeth with dismay, if you will), I shall now be doing a weekly, or more realistically, a bi-monthly blog post.
I got to thinking the other day, where do we stand with our rights, in regards to the internet.
Can we call it harrassment if someone anonymously lowers your self esteem in a comment that you basically willed to happen? Okay, this may not make much sense, so I will explain. Only the other day I decided that I would try and stay hip and savvy like the rest of the young-folk on the internet, and make myself a Form-Spring (for those of you who are blissfully unaware.. google it). On only my second day of creating my account, I was left a very nice little anonymous comment about how unattractive I am now. So, my point is, should I have any right to be gob-smacked that someone should say this, or should I have expected negative comments in the first place?
I really don't know...
Anyway, enough about my social-networking abuse and more to the privacy of the internet.
I pose a question to you all, would you post something confidential onto the internet, even if you knew that it was only going to be read by one person, or would you go about it the old-fashion way and just use that phone-thingy that is lying around somewhere..?
Alright, I'm going to leave it here, short and shit, sorry, I mean sweet.
Apologies to all, this was a very short and totally un-informative post, but I thought it was better than nothing.
Cheeri-o, enjoy your week!
X

1 comment:

  1. As far as I'm concerned, if you have nothing nice to say, don't say it at all. But I must admit that (over 4 years ago, in my egotistical stage 19 year old stage - admit it, we all go through it at one stage or another) I posted something negative anonymously, although, not at mean as what you received, and I've regretted it ever since.

    As for privacy, if there is something you don't want the world to know about, surely you would be smart enough not to post it on the internet? That's just asking for trouble.
    x

    ReplyDelete